Before you leave for Costa Rica, take a minute to:
- Make copies of your passport and flight documents and take them with you separately. Once in Costa Rica, it is recommended to make a copy of your incoming visa also.
- Copy down your credit card number(s) and/or traveler's checks numbers and take them with you separately.
- Take note of the phone numbers in Costa Rica of the major credit card companies, which may come in handy in case you lose your credit card: Mastercard/VISA 2570155, AMEX 001 800 5282121 or Diner's Club
- 2572351 (Mon.-Fri.) or 2577878 (weekend)
- Take note of the ICT emergency tourist phone number: 800 0123456
Search for the phone number of your Embassy in the list below and write it down (the country code of Costa Rica is 506)