No matter what your level of surf ability, Costa
Rica has the right wave for you, from gentle
peeling long board waves, to gnarly, thick,
Here's a small example of some of Costa Rica's waves.
- ROCA BRUJA (Witch's Rock)
- Beautiful wave. December through March this break is blessed with consistent, strong off shore winds. Very fun waves, only accessible by boat, yacht or hard core 4X4 with a winch.
- LITTLE HAWAII
- Rocky point with rights.Capable of holding 15 foot swells without getting messy.
- PLAYA NEGRA
- A world class wave. A right, rock reef break with fast waves and tubes. Sometimes gets crowded due to publicity from "Endless Summer Two", but when this happens there are less crowded breaks nearby.
- Rolling beach break. Good long board wave.
- MAL PAIS
- Beautiful uncrowded beaches with fast powerful beach break, A-frames breaking left and right. You better be in good shape if you want to paddle out here on a big day.
- PLAYA HERMOSA
- Another powerful beachbreak. One of the most consistent waves in Costa Rica. Practice holding your breath for a while before coming here.
- PLAYA ESCONDIDO
- Shallow reef with excellent left and a good right. Only accessible by boat.
- Consistent beach break with strong lefts and rights.
- Excellent left point break. Considered one of the longest lefts in the world.
- SALSA BRAVA
- World famous wave with perfect tubes pounding into a shallow reef. We will take you here if you are ready for a challenge.
- SECRET SPOT
- Left point break with easy paddle out and very long rides. Slow moving walls, great for learning or practicing maneuvers. No crowds.